Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Words, My Music - Sunday, August 27

The Art, Music and Recreation Center is please to present My Words, My Music, a family concert presented by Composing Together in the Koret Auditorium at 2 PM, Sunday, August 27.  Composing Together is an organization that has been bringing applied learning music composition into Bay Area middle and high school classrooms for nearly a decade.

My Words, My Music is a fun concert for all ages with a string trio of professional composers accompanying readings of favorite new and old children’s books and original poetry by Composing Together’s Poet in Residence. The grand finale will be a words-and-music "composition” created with the audience members.

This program is supported by a Faculty Enrichment Grant from the San Francisco Community Center.  All programs at the San Francisco Public Library are free and open to the public.

No comments: